Friday 22 August 2014

Rimmel London Wonder'Full Mascara | Review

I'm not really a mascara person. That sounds like an odd thing to say being a girl that talks incessantly about make-up, but I'm just not. I own one mascara. I think it's the removal process that irks me, I hate the crusty little black lumps that get left behind. Nevertheless, when I saw this mascara on the Rimmel counter I had to pick one up (the introductory offer probably had something to do with it).

It's interesting, the formula is infused with argan oil, and since eyelashes are hairs too it should leave them conditioned and stronger after use. I like this concept. Eyelashes are hard things to give any TLC to since they're so small and fiddly, but adding an oil treatment into a makeup product is just the best of both worlds!

 The packaging is a bronzey kind of colour and nice and sleek. I usually prefer the thinner tubes of mascara, but here the chubbiness really suits it!
The brush is nice and fat too, and the bristles are nicely sparse allowing it to separate lashes really well. The formula does tend to clump and gather on the tip of the brush which is a bit annoying, and I'd prefer it if the end of the brush also had some bristles to allow you to reach the very corners of your eyes, but never mind.

Now I was expecting the formula to feel different to anything else I've tried but honestly, it doesn't. It feels like your typical thick mascara, not at all oily or even lightweight. I'd say just like the Benefit They're Real. But then that doesn't really bother me that much. I also haven't noticed any difference in the condition of my lashes since I've been using it (every day for 5 days to give it a thorough testing) although it doesn't actually claim to do that, I just thought it might.

Before

After
The pictures I think are worth a thousand words here! It's so lengthening and really makes your eyelashes look thick and healthy. The effect is so extreme that I fell like it's a bit too much! This was just after one coat, so I found it works better on me to wipe some of the product off the brush first to give a more natural look. It does look a bit silly when your lashes are brushing your eyebrows. I'm so very happy with this, I got it for £5.99 and it will very happily replace my drying-up Seventeen Dolled Up mascara.

Ahh, I love it when an impulse buy pays off.

Xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour and look of this mascara, so sleek. It definitely does a good job of lengthening lashes too!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete