Saturday 5 December 2015

A Charlotte Tilbury Face

So it's been a while... Over a year actually. But hey, ho. 

I have a new (very expensive) brand obsession, probably like most beauty lovers do at the moment. It is of course; Charlotte Tilbury. The woman can do nothing wrong! I have found myself continuously drawn to her website at least weekly for the last few months, adding things to my basket, and then balking at the price and losing my nerve. But then John Lewis did the 10% off thing for Black Friday... And I went a bit mental. 

I picked up several things to add to my collection (it is my unashamed goal to one day own everything), and now I have the makings of one of her 10 iconic looks: The Golden Goddess. 

Now, I am no Golden Goddess, that's for sure. But a girl can dream, and the look she created in her video was just so lovely, how could I resist? Maybe I really will look like that?! Alas, I have not become Adriana Lima, but the products are so beautiful anyway that I can forgive that. 

Wonderglow Primer
This is such a great primer! CT herself says that you could even wear it alone on bare skin. Pah, well we can dream, can't we? Its finish is golden but not glittery... It's hard to describe the effect really... It's just... Glowy. I really like it, I might even stretch to buying the full-size when my free travel version has run out.



Light Wonder Foundation - Shade 2
I've never bought a 'dewy' foundation before, and this is definitely dewy. When I first applied it I was practically luminous, but after a couple of minutes it settles down and starts to look more realistic. I really like the way it makes my skin look - mainly healthy. It doesn't give very much coverage but it blends well with my Estee Lauder DW concealer so I can get rid of my undesirables. I apply it with a damp makeup sponge, because it's easier to layer it this way. Most of my brushes eat the product and leave none left for my face. 


The Golden Goddess Palette
This is some kind of beautiful; the colours just blend together seamlessly, making an almost ombre effect without even trying. I found the Pop shade to be best applied with the fingers as it has some heavy duty glitter to it, but the rest are silky smooth and just glide onto the eyelid. 

What I especially loved about this palette is that the darker colours aren't so dark that it is easy to overdo it. They build beautifully to get a deeper colour payoff, but you don't immediately give yourself the panda eye trying to do your lower lid. 

The prime and enhance shades are especially beautiful to use during the day and are not so shimmery to look overdone. The prime shade it a bit yellow to wear on it's own, so I wouldn't without combining it with one of the other shades. But I found it to be very understatedly beautiful when applied with a light hand. 

I'm sorry, but can we just take a second to look at it! It's so pretty...
It should be noted that actual colour payoff looks far less yellow/orange than they do here, but getting that damn natural light in winter, ey? 

Lip Cheat Lipliner in Pillow Talk
I've had many compliments on this; applied gently it can really make your lips look extra special. Slightly fuller without looking fake. It makes a great combination with the Stoned Rose lipstick too. 

K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Stoned Rose
My God. I have barely taken this off, I literally carry it everywhere! I take it to the library for God's sake! I had some reservations about this shade, but once I put it on I was sold. It's not totally natural looking but it's not too much either, it's a lovely middle-ground, casual shade that I can wear with both heavy eye makeup and no eye makeup and it still looks great. 



Cheek to Chic Blusher in Ecstasy
You really need a light hand with this. When I first got it I applied it with the same liberal manner that I do my Benefit blushes, and I looked ridiculous. However with a lighter touch, this is a very flattering colour, with a subtle shimmer to give you a pretty glow. I think I still slightly prefer my Benefit Sugarbomb blush, but that's safely trapped within the Christmas palette, ergo, I think this is the blush I'll take travelling with me. 


So here is my whole face... I'm just about to head to the library.
 

I feel like CT products are investments, and they certainly feel like luxuries. But if you feel good taking them out of your makeup bag, and enjoy the end result, then I'd rather have that than 1000 cheaper products I'm not sure about. I know what I would buy again and what I wouldn't (Cheek to chic blusher) but that's all part of the makeup experience. ...But anyway, now I have to go and explain to my boyfriend why I can't afford to eat this month... 

1 comment:

  1. That eyeshadow palette looks so amazing! So glad I came across your blog today, you seem so lovely and are really talented at what you do.. keep up the good work pretty lady! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete