Tuesday 14 January 2014

...Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer Review

I have a secret love for primers that I just can't explain... They always used to seem pointless to me, but having fallen in love with Smashbox Photofinish Primer, I've been on the look out for more to try. I feel like, having had bad skin in the past and still getting spots here and there, that a good primer helps to shield your pores from all the gunk that gets smeared over them day to day.

So the new edition to the primer collection... The Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer!


Firstly, it comes out of the bottle a baby pink colour and has a pearlescent look to it. There is a matte version of this product but I wasn't as interested in that. It has a pump on the bottle and is very pretty looking in general.

Price - £10.99 for 15ml.
As far as primers go I'd say this is in the middle to lower area of the price range, and 15ml can last a month or two if used every day.

Effect 
Bourjois say:

  • Non-pore blocking
  • Gives a radiant and hydrated effect
  • Leaves skin soft and supple

Well it hasn't given me any spots/blemishes of any kind, so that's good.
My skin definitely looks radiant after application, especially on my cheekbones, and this does look lovely under foundation and other makeup. It's not a look that I would wear on it's own as the product has such an obvious pink undertone that can look a bit weird. It actually stains the skin a bit pink if you dot it on your face and leave it there.
Leaves skin soft and supple? Mehh. The jury is still out on that one. I can't say that it really does.
In natural light. To the right I have blended it into my skin.

A few observations I have to make though; it absorbs into skin very quickly and is hard to spread over your face. The pump doesn't give enough product to cover the whole face so I have to use two. It has a very light scent, somewhat like baby powder. I don't think it makes any difference to foundation application, I haven't noticed any difference in the staying power or better blending results, but I don't think that's what it's designed to do.

On The Whole
I like it! It's great for giving you a healthy glow and I really enjoy applying it before my makeup.
4/5

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment