Wednesday 22 January 2014

...Liz Earle, No.7 and Mark Hill.

I've been a little bit frivolous this week. The novelty of the student loan arrival hasn't quite worn off yet and I still feel like I've got loads of money - despite knowing that I'm going to need it to eat.

Still, Boots was calling and having run out of my Clarins Cleansing Milk (A good cleanser but it smells like old Imperial Leather soap) I thought I'd go and see what else was around. I know it's been a while since I put a post on here, but MY GOD did my lecturers pile on the work this month - 2000 words on the Zebrafish! *smacks head on desk*

So we have...

Liz Earle - Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit - £14.75
Wow! Now I knew already what a following this product has, and I'm seriously headfirst onto the bandwagon here. It smells good, it feels good, it gets every ounce of makeup off and it doesn't leave your face with a film on it - just gloriously soft!
This was a set that came with a 100ml pump bottle and two muslin cloths. I thought the cloths seemed a little scratchy at first so I wasn't sure, but when you run them under hot water they feel a lot softer and quite nice against the skin. They're also easy to rinse, so not like your normal bog-standard face cloth where makeup clings like mould to cheese.
I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love!

No.7 Beautiful Skin Blemish Defense Serum - £16
Boots are handing out those wonderful "£5 off skincare" vouchers, so this actually only cost me £11 - yay! I've been using this every morning at evening for about two weeks now and I've had two spots in total, so I'm pretty impressed! I usually get about two a week, so hopefully it's this serum that's doing the trick! It's hard to know sometimes, because I've been making an effort to eat more fruit and drink more water so there could be a combination of factors involved... But still, I'm happy to believe that this made a difference!
It's very thin when it comes from the pump, it sort of fires the product towards you, so you have to be a bit careful. One pump is more than enough for the whole face and it soaks in quickly. It leaves skin feeling a little bit sticky, but moisturiser soon gets rid of that feeling. You get 30ml and it doesn't look like I've made much of a dent in this in two weeks... Estimated time to finish - about a month and a half hopefully.

Mark Hill Dirty Little Stop Out Volumising Dry Shampoo - £5.99
This was on sale for £3.99 which was the only reason I picked it up. I completely love this, it blows Batiste completely away! It doesn't leave a speck of white residue in your hair, the bottle is smaller, even though it still contains the standard Batiste 200ml, and the smell is lighter and a lot more natural. I'm so glad I picked this up because I think it's going to become a staple!


I'm one happy lady with all these treats.

I really have to stop buying treats.

Xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try the cleanse and polish for ages thanks for this review x
    abbiievo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it, it's great! Thank you for commenting! Xxxx

      Delete