Tuesday 29 July 2014

Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand Eyeliner | Bronze

As soon as I saw the Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand collection I just wanted it all, however funds are precious in the Bank of Olivia right now, so I had to just pick one thing (preferably one of the cheaper options too).

I knew the new Longwear Eyeliner shades would be just what I was looking for and although the chocolate brown shade was gorgeous, I couldn't resist that glittery, deep bronze; I know I made the right choice...

 I did mean to take some pictures when it was all shiny and new, but as soon as it came out of the box I wanted it on my face... Apologies!

It's not your typical orange-bronze, it's such a more wearable dark brown, that glints bronze when it catches the light just right. The formula is one tough cookie, it really doesn't budge for a good few hours! It looks so lovely lining the top of your eyes and even making a small cat-eye flick. But it also really shines as part of a smokey eye, as it smudges really prettily just before it sets. I can't get enough of it! I'm loathe to sharpen it though, since it doesn't sharpen all that easily, although that's probably down to my cack-handedness.

All I can say is that I might even buy another one of these before the collection ends; that's how much I love it!

Xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I read so much about the Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand collection lately, and the eyeshadow palettes look amazing.. I have't read much about the eyeliners, but this bronze shade looks beautiful.. It looks to be really similar to the MAC Eye Kohl in the shade Teddy, which is a personal favourite of mine! I love wearing brown/bronze eyeliners during the day instead of black eyeliner as they give a much softer look.. Lovely review :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the neutrals palette looks so pretty, but I'm already saving up for the Naked 3 (urgh, priorities). I'll have a look for that Mac eyeliner - thanks for telling me about it! I'm definitely going to need a replacement for this when it runs out! X

      Delete