Thursday 10 July 2014

Rimmel London Scandaleyes | Rose Gold

I bought this pencil a few days ago mostly because I adore rosy gold shades as eye shadows and liners. I have the most perfect rose gold eyeliner from Dior that was limited edition, and will absolutely break my heart when it finally dies on me. There were no testers in the shop so I just decided to go for it.


When I opened it up, I have to say I was a little disappointed; it's very bronze and the colour payoff on skin, whilst very pigmented, is almost orange. I was expecting pink/gold, as the name would suggest, but sadly no such thing. It would seem, the pencil was named 'on trend'...

I would definitely buy the Scandaleyes pencils in another colour; the formula is gorgeous and creamy, but stays put forever! Easy to smudge out, but then it's immovable! As I just mentioned, the colour payoff is great, and creates a lovely gradient if you smudge with your fingers. The pencil is pretty handy too - no brushes required, although I fear sharpening my be a bit of a pain. The point means that you can easily draw into the crease of your eyelid to define it, and underneath the eyes too.

The only thing I dislike about this is the colour, which sadly is the only real important factor. It just doesn't suit me, I've tried a few different ways and combining it with other colours but I just don't think it will work for me. My boyfriend hates it too, and he's fairly ambivalent about most things, so it must be bad!



Not for me, but that beige colour on the other hand...

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment