Wednesday 16 July 2014

La Roche Posay Pigment Control Serum | Review


My skin scars pretty badly after blemishes. I still have scars from two years ago; they're stubborn little bastards. I wanted them to fade on their own, but in January I decided they needed a little help out of the door.

I picked up this serum half-price at boots (£15.50 when it should have been £31) and I wasn't really sure what to expect from it. I had used the Vichy Idealia Dark Spot Corrector before but wasn't really impressed with it, this on the other hand...

This is my second bottle of this serum now, and I can honestly say that I won't be looking for anything else to take over. It's fairly powerful stuff! You should only apply it at night and the next day you have to make sure to apply a good SPF, as it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun after use. It comes with a little pipette applicator, which is handy for the runny consistency, as it helps you get it directly on your target areas.

I'll be honest, the smell - whilst not particularly strong - isn't very pleasant. It's got a chemical smell, not quite ammonia or alcohol, but not far off, and it can irritate your eyes so I make sure it goes nowhere near them. It leaves a bit of a sticky residue on the skin too, which isn't too much of a problem if you moisturise over the top. But I forget all my niggles with this product when I look at my skin in the morning; it looks so much brighter and clearer! I can really see the difference in how even my skin looks, like it's been whitewashed over night. I used to use this every night, but after about 3 months now my scars have faded to a point where I only use it a couple of times a week; more so if I have a new blemish. It even fades the freckles on my cheeks!

This is one of the few products where I have genuinely noticed a marked difference in how my skin looks. I don't think this is going to be knocked off its pedestal any time soon!

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment