Sunday 17 November 2013

Handmade Naturals

There is a little shop back in my hometown of Stoke-On-Trent called the Handmade Naturals Shop. They make beauty products that are completely vegan, cruelty free and contain no sulphates, petrochemicals, perfume, or chemical preservatives.

There are other organic shops out there that sell products like this, but I've never come across one that is so inexpensive. The people that run the shop are a family and they make everything themselves in a little rented factory, you can always tell that they really care about what they're doing.

On my last trip there, I came back with...

Aloe, Lemon and Manuka Foaming Face Wash - This is the second time I've bought this. It's the best face wash I've ever used and I just can't get enough of the stuff! I bought this when I was looking for a face wash that didn't contain Sodium Lauryl (Laureth) Sulphate, which is a very cheap detergent that is used in nearly all foaming bath products. It's very drying and harsh and it aggravates my skin to bring me out in spots.
This contains aloe vera, lemon, manuka and grapefruit oils and manages to be very gentle whilst still removing every speck of makeup!

Organic Coconut Oil - I know a lot of people will have already tried coconut oil as a moisturiser, or hair mask or maybe you've just been eating it. If you haven't tried it, then you definitely should! It soothes dry skin like nothing else and smells amazing. Plus, you only need a tiny amount so a jar like this can last for ages!
It is a bit weird having a moisturiser you can eat, but if anybody wants to try it, put a spoonful in a good hot cup of green tea. It's so good!


Antioxidant Face and Eye Roll-On - This stuff is glorious! It's so soothing on sore eyes! I love applying this straight after I've taken mascara off, gently massaging it in to the skin and my eyelashes. It absorbs really nicely and leaves the skin looking brighter and well looked-after.
The Rosehip, Wheatgerm and Jojoba oils are full of vitamins A, B, D, E and Fatty Acids, great for nourishing and soothing skin. Jojoba oil is especially good at reducing inflammation and Rosehip is known for it's huge levels of vitamin A which is recommended for treating hyper-pigmentation, acne scars and the appearance of wrinkles.

They have a great little website and deliver all over the UK. It would be so good to get a little company like this some more customers, using products that have never, ever been tested on animals.

Next on my list of things to try are their shampoos and conditioners, clay masks and virgin shea butter!

http://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/

I beseech you to try them out!
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment