Friday 8 November 2013

Topshop Lipstick Bullet

Hello there,
I thought today that I'd write about a very recent purchase of mine; a Topshop Lipstick Bullet! I've been looking for a dark red/burgundy lipstick for a while, I think it's a great wintery colour and can look very glamorous indeed! 

I got the colour, Rockabilly which is very deep red, almost brown, exactly what I was looking for!


These things are not like your day to day lipsticks, they're very creamy and feel almost like vaseline when you apply them. They're just as well pigmented as normal lipsticks though, the colour comes out very well and doesn't change from the way it looks in the packaging. Since the texture is so creamy, they do have a tendency to bleed around your mouth and it does require some touching-up throughout the day. 


The packaging is typical Topshop, quite minimal and pretty. However, since the texture is so smooth, it gets all over the top of the packaging and inside the little lid. This is very hard to avoid, because it's so easy to catch the lipstick when you're putting the lid back on. 

It also is very staining. If you have this on your lips all day, or even for a few hours, you can guarantee that there will still be some colouring left on your lips the next day. I give my lips a good scrub with my makeup remover but it will still be there when I have a closer look. 

As for what it looks like on...

As you can see, it's fairly dark and has a little bit of a shine to it. You can get rid of this by blotting a couple of times, which gets rid of the shine without losing any of the colour! This is great because it means you can get a lovely matte look from this lipstick too!

Overall, I love this! I think its a very pretty colour and is great value for money at £8! I do have a few little niggles, but nothing that would put me off using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment