Thursday 7 November 2013

L'Oreal Skin Perfection BB Cream Review

I thought I'd kick this off tonight with a product I bought about a month ago, the Skin Perfection BB Cream! When I first saw the advert for this new line of products I was quite excited. L'Oreal aren't my favourite drugstore brand but I can really appreciate a lot of their products.

I was toying with buying either this, or the serum. I opted for this because I've only tried one BB cream in the past, and that's the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector; which I adore!

As you can, hopefully, see from the picture (photography was never my forte) it is a "5-in-1 instant blemish balm" in "fair". The packaging feels very cheap and I'm not too keen on the hot pink colour either.

I have very pale skin and very often, even the lightest shades of foundation are too dark for me. This, however was quite a nice match and once you blend it out it looks a lot lighter.

I swatched it on my arm to show you:

 You'll have to excuse all the wires, I was using the light from my make-up mirror so you could see the contrast.

The formula itself is unimpressive. It is difficult to properly blend and is completely unbuildable. Once you try to layer this product it ends up clumping all together and collecting more on your brush than on your face. If you use it very lightly, you could probably get away with this, but it is very sheer and I don't think that it made my complexion look any more even. It does feel quite moisturising and my skin feels softer after using this for a couple of days, but I really have to work at it in the mornings to get it to look even and not streaky.

As far as staying power goes, it falls short there too. I set it, once I have applied it in the morning, with my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but a few hours later when I check back it has always collected under my eyes and around my nose etc. It's also difficult to apply any products on top of, say, if you wanted to use a bit of blusher, you'd end up moving the cream half way around your face and have to spend an extra 5 minutes putting it back!

All in all, I really was not impressed with this, especially since it is more expensive than the Garnier BB Cream. It doesn't blend well and it smells just like the plastic package it comes in, very disappointing!

Retail: £12.99

1 comment:

  1. Goji Cream in Pakistan,Lahore,Karachi,Islamabad Original Hendel`s Garden Revitalizing Cream in Pakistan www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here

    Hendel's Garden Goji Cream Price In Pakistan - As A Rule, Most People Suppose That There Is Only One Method To Fight Wrinkles And Other Signs Of Aging. People Discuss Botox And Plastic Surgery And Can’T Believe That There Is An Innovational Brand-New Way To Hide Your Real Age And Look Younger Goji Cream in Lahore EtsyTeleShop.Com.

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here


    Pakistan Biggest Online Shopping Store For Men And Women Shop Your Self Click Here >>>> Www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    ReplyDelete