Saturday 30 November 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Anti-Shine Stick Review

I know I promised this review about a week ago, and apologies for that, but I've been busy visiting the boyf up in Leicester! You know it takes over 8 hours for me to get there from Plymouth?! Sheer commitment.

Anyway...

Maybelline Says: "Our first gel stick foundation with an anti-shine core. Fresh gel foundation blends to a natural matte finish. Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil."


I got shade 115 - Ivory 

To begin with, the texture us not what you would expect. I thought it would be quite thick and creamy, and although it feels like this when you first apply it, the consistency then becomes a lot more powdery and quite lightweight.

Coverage - I would say light/medium. It's not very thick and although buildable it doesn't do that much for dark circles/redness. Concealer sits quite nicely on top of this so that's not really a problem and it evens skin tone moderately well. It blends well both with a brush and with your fingers so it's quite good to apply on the go.

Staying Power - Not too bad! The consistency is such that you don't really need to set it with powder (although I do from sheer habit) and it doesn't tend to move around your face or settle into fine lines. I do really have to recommend a primer under this though - it's quite drying.

Packaging - I really like this packaging, it's simple and very easy to apply! You don't have to get it all over the back of your hand like other foundations. The black case is very simple and looks great.

Price - £8.99 To be honest, I can't see this lasting all that long as there isn't really that much in it, so I don't really think the value for money is very spectacular.

Overall - I love the stick application, it's great on the go and is wonderful to take travelling because you don't need a brush to get good results from it. However, it's quite dry and the coverage isn't really what I go for. I think I'd give this a 3.8/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment