Saturday 30 November 2013

Lush, Topshop, Avene, Sanctuary and Natural Collection

I went shopping again today... *sigh* Retail therapy.

I went to find a matte chocolate brown eyeshadow for a job interview I have on Monday - with GlaxoSmithKline I might add! If you're a science undergraduate then you should already know that it's kind of a big deal. And for those who aren't... It's kind of a big deal ;)

I wanted that contoured eye look, that's very natural but still pretty, but the only eyeshadow that does the job is full of huge chunks of glitter - hardly professional looking. But here are some other things that sneakily made their way into my basket...

 In Lush I picked up...

Rose Jam Bubbleroon (£3.50)- A bubble bar that looks a bit weird, but smells divine! Kind of like roses and candyfloss.

Soft Coeur (The Honeymooner) Massage Bar (£4.75) - Melts into your hands and smells like vanilla, chocolate and something else that I just can't put my finger on... I can't wait to use this!

I'm staying a night in a hotel as the interview venue will take me several hours to reach, so I'm definitely making the most of this hotel's bathtub! I refuse to touch the one in our house - I live with 7 other students, 4 of them boys and 2 of them keen surfers. Sand and grime everywhere! Urghh.

 Avene Thermal Spring Water, 50ml (£3.15) - This looked interesting and the shop assistant recommended it to me for use when travelling and your skin becomes dehydrated. Priced very nicely and feels lovely when you spray it onto your face, even over makeup.

Topshop Brows Pencil in Brown (£6) - I really appreciate Topshop's pricings. They never fanny about with the whole .99p thing, so you don't get stuck with a measly penny to add to the other 5000 in your purse.
This is a nice medium brown, not as pigmented as many others out there (Rimmel London do a great brow pencil) but the colour suits my hair nicely and the spoolie is much better than the tough little brushes that come with so many pencils.

Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask (£3) - My mum swears by Sanctuary masks, so I thought I'd pick up one of these nice little sachets.They do make full-size bottles of this but I wasn't up for spending that much. I'll let you know what I think.

Natural Collection Solo Eyeshadow in Crushed Walnut (£1.79) - What I actually went shopping for was the cheapest thing I came home with. Damn.
Not the best eyeshadow in the world, but what can you expect for that price? The colour is lovely and it blends beautifully! I'm actually extremely impressed with this, it's exactly what I was looking for, a beautiful matte brown to stuff in my handbag.


 Here's a bit of a closer look. It does look a little shimmery with the flash, but I can assure you that it isn't.

I'll give a more in-depth review of the Sanctuary and Lush products when I come to use them. Woo! My first actual bath in two and a half months! 

Xxxx


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's not bad. I've never tried their foundation or bb cream, but they have some good powder blushers and highlighters. The eyeliners and lipsticks are great, and their nail varnishes have some really good colours.
      Xxxx

      Delete